We have a winner!
The FPA 2017 FINAL
The Final – in partnership with Global University Venturing and Tsinghua Holdings Capital – showcased some of these investment-ready companies that will profitably address global challenges.
Huge thanks to our judging panel:
- Lord Foster (Chair), World-Renowned Architect
- Lord Nat Wei, Social Innovator
- Patrick Chung, Founding Partner of Xfund
- Nick Greenwood, Fund Manager, Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund
- Douglas Hansen-Luke, Future Planet Capital
- Jim Wilkinson, CFO Oxford Sciences Innovation
- Sandra Eager, Ventures Principal BP Ventures
- Rafael Ratzel, Director of Intl. Business Department at Tsinghua Holdings Capital
- Rajeeb Dey MBE, CEO of Learnerbly and former winner of the O2 X Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (MC)
All Finalists were established during the past decade and are commercialising cutting-edge technology or research relating to one of five impact categories:
Climate Change -- Education -- Health -- Security -- Sustainable Growth
The competition attracted global entrants from 12 countries and 3 continents, with submissions from world leading centres of innovation including Oxford University, Cambridge University, Imperial College London, University of Tokyo, Tsinghua University, Stanford and MIT.
The majority of participants are already backed by renowned organisations, investors and incubators such as Oxford Sciences Innovation, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Touchstone Innovations, MIT Partners, ARM, Parrot, Lenovo, General Motors.
The prize includes substantial publicity, potential investment and introductions to investors, mentors and the Future Planet global network.
We are proudly supported by